The Immigrant Investor Programme
The Immigrant Investor Programme or IIP offers secure residency status in Ireland, through an approved investment. The IIP is open to non-European nationals who may apply for themselves, their spouse or civil partner, any children under the age of 18 and any dependent children between the ages of 18 and 24 (provided they are not married and in full time education).
There are four simple steps to the IIP process;
- Number One. Application, make an application to the Irish government.
- Number Two. Approval, have that application approved.
- Number Three. Investment
- Number Four. Receive residency
A key feature of the Irish programme is that the investment is only required to be made after your application has been approved. The process is very straight forward and the approval time currently takes between 4 and 6 months. The residency requirements, meaning the required time to spend in Ireland to maintain this immigration status, is only one day per calendar year.
There are 4 investment options to choose from;
- Enterprise Investment: which requires a €1 million investment to a qualifying Irish enterprise for a minimum of 3 years.
- An Investment Fund: Which requires €1 million to be invested in an approved fund for a minimum of 3 years.
- A Real Estate Investment Trusts or REIT: Which requires a €2 million investment for a period of at least 3 years.
- And the Endowment option: Which requires a philanthropic donation of €500,000.
Bartra operate under the enterprise investment, where we provide secure investments to our qualifying Social Housing and Nursing Homes projects. Both of these assets provide very safe investments, as they both derive income from the Irish State. It is also worth noting that to date, Bartra maintains a 100% approval rate within IIP.